MQL5 Algo Trading community — forex forum for traders and developers

Hello, I'm someone who is currently studying Web Development, If you're familiar with web dev, I know HTML, CSS, and I'm currently learning Javascript. Last week or so, a friend told me to learn MQL5 with him to make some money. I have no intention of quitting Development, bc I have some web apps in
Hello, I am providing my PC's for the MT5 cloud agents to be used for the back-testing by the community , and in return I generate some revenue upon this usage. Is there any method to increase the agents usage of my PC? attraction method or something like that? Which increases my revenues. Please
I have a question about establishing a secure socket connection for an MQL5 advisor. My setup includes MT5 on Windows 11 and a Node.js server on VMware Ubuntu. Connections and operations on port 443 are successful. However, attempting to connect on any other port results in the following error
Good afternoon, everyone, I know that there are machine learning and statistics enthusiasts on the forum. I propose to discuss in this topic (without holivars), share and enrich our own knowledge bank in this interesting field. For beginners and not only there is a good theoretical resource in
The beta version of the updated MetaTrader 5 platform will be released on Friday, May 24, 2024. In this update, we have introduced new analytical objects to the web platform. Now, you can utilize the ruler to measure time and prices, draw shapes (rectangle, ellipse, triangle, and circle), and add
Hello every one. I can see that code base pages can be translated to any language, However, I need to transalate My blogs, should I provide my blogs content in differnt language? or there is a way to translate it already? Thanks for you answers
Has anyone here ever achieved real results using the classic risk/reward strategy of 1:2 / 1:3 / 1:5 or similar? Personally, from all the tests I've conducted over the years, I'm finding that the best strategy isn't necessarily to set the TP at a return that's at least double the SL, but to think in
WHY EA BOT NOT CONNECTING TO THE CHARTS
Hello, Is there anyone knowing this issue? I inserted sub chart using "Insert-Objects-Graphical-Chart" in main chart. But my indicators does not work at sub chart. But is works correctly at my main chart. How to work it at sub chart? Thank you
For example, 1. My strategy is based on GUI deployment, not just EA parameters. I need to click on the GUI on the chart and select various controls. Does this MetaTraderVPS support it? 2. My strategy sometimes uses DLL, but sometimes it's not necessary. It seems that VPS does not support DLL. 3. My
Hello. I tired try different ways. But i cannt. Problem is Dont work Ucuncu_PendingBuy() after Ikinci_PendingSell(). Please help void OnTick () { ASK = SymbolInfoDouble ( _Symbol , SYMBOL_ASK ); if ( PositionsTotal ()== 0 ) { DeletePending(); } Birinci_buy();
WE ARE PROCESSING YOUR DATA It can take up to 1 working day Company details sinaptica srls Reg number: 10541641212 Country: Italy Company data Pending
  Metatrader Agent  (1)
How can I run the Metatrader Agent on MQL5 VPS Server
  Off-topic posts  (1333   1 2 3 4 5 ... 133 134)
Comments that do not relate to the " Ask for help ", have been moved into this topic
using MTA5 for MAC, cannot download indicators from MQL5. Is this a knownissue being worked on. You are asked if you have installed MT5 then when you answer yes Nothing. unlike when you are on a windows machine
  Signals Trading  (17   1 2)
Hi everybody Before opening this new thread I already red all the FAQ and the forums topic about signals trading.  All I'd like to know why I get an orange icon on the Signal part.  By mistake I first activated it on my personal PC (and I don't remember of which color it was) then I moved everything...
Hi! I'm considering to build a portfolio of diversified forex pairs to be traded with an EA, my account currency being USD ( IC markets and Eightcap as brokers) E.g. I'm thinking of EURUSD, GBPUSD as main pairs and AUDCAD, NZDCHF for diversification purposes as an example. Though, wouldn't this
Hello, In view of the general level of interest and the number of inquiries I've received from many of the folks here, I've decided to start a thread to discuss on a low-risk hedge trade strategy which I've recently developed. The idea behind this strategy is derived partly from the FR/FFS type...
What is the difference Average down forex strategy vs buying coin crypto
I need a false entry script, where can i get one
Good day dear forum members. After reading the forum a bit, I came across several threads on arbitrage and pair trading . Judging by the threads, some are interested and some are trying it. I used to dabble in this topic a long time ago, but my knowledge was not enough. Now I am a complete mess in
Is there a proper order in which Include files should be loaded? Some special order to prevent conflicts? Why do I ask? I thought something I was reading mentioned it momentarily. I cannot re-locate the reference, but it left a concern in my mind. Any problem with this
Hi everyone, i tried to build a mql5 function that close an order by a magic number input. Below I insert the code of the function. void Close_Position_MN( ulong magicNumber) { int total = PositionsTotal (); for ( int i
I just started this thread as a continuation of the talking made on this topic (we can read it). Or ...to make it shorter: it was some discussion about forecasting/predicting of the next candle or direction of the movement or market condition evaluation. And it was around standard indiocators in
int Consecutive( int Count) { //--- int BB = 0 ; for ( int i = 1 ; i <= Count; i++) { if ( iClose ( _Symbol , PERIOD_H1 , i) - iOpen ( _Symbol , PERIOD_H1 , i) > 0 ) { BB++; } else { BB--; } } //--- return (BB); } Besides using
Hello everyone, I am running a python code to trade on mt5 IC markets and Fusion Markets. I want to know what should I do, where to run the code to have the least latency, currently running the code in equinix NY, where they both have a server but still its slow. It shows 0.5ms in the bottom right
This thread won't be about a question or problem, but rather about the anouncement of the presentation and documentation of an exciting trading concept. I plan to do a series of postings here in order to keep you guys updated. Anybody who has an opinion on the topic, please don't hesitate to comment...
  Volatility Expansion system!  (160   1 2 3 4 5 ... 15 16)
There are so many systems out here based on indicators and it takes so much time to go through all of them to see which one deserves merit,I simply did not feel like adding one more. However most are indicator based and lagging indicators make it difficult to really simplify trading decisions and
Hello, i need create backtest with MA, MACD and Stochastic indicators on daily historical data BTC/USD. I created custom symbol based from EUR/USD and than I changed them to BTC/USD. AFter that I imported the daily historical data to the current symbol. But if I try to make simple backtest than I
Hi everyone, I need support because I'm noticing a problem with my custom indicator. The indicator provides me with a KPI that updates for each new bar. I based an expert on it who, based on the value of the previous bar compared to the current one, must do or not do operations. I had the doubt that
I'm trying to figure out if I can have a list of all my trades for the same utensils separate rather than one bulk position in the tool box/terminal box. Is this even possible? Thanks
Bitcoin vs USD January-March 2017 Forecast: key resistance level at 850.15 to be broken for the bullish trend to be continuing Weekly (W1) price is located above Ichimoku cloud in the bullish area of the chart. The price is on ranging within the following support/resistance levels: 850.15...
  Forecast and levels for S&P 500  (474   1 2 3 4 5 ... 47 48)
S&P 500 January-March 2017 Forecast: long-term bullish ranging within the narrow s/r levels for direction W1 price is located far above Ichimoku cloud in the bullish area of the chart. The price is on ranging within the following narrow support/resistance levels for the bullish trend to be resumed...
On which MT5 platform can I find the S&P 500, Nasdaq, and Dow Jones index? It's not the type of CFD, it's the real S&P 500, Nasdaq, and Dow Jones indices on the exchange
Hello all, I have a few questions for anyone with knowledge and/or experience trading futures. Any input would be greatly appreciated. From experience scalping in live market conditions, how does slippage and spread compare to trading CFD in markets such as FX? Is there a notable difference, and
how to know which of the trade/stock has the highest volume/most gain
  Forecast and levels for Dax Index  (76   1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8)
Dax Index January-March 2017 Forecast: flat within bullish with key resistance at 11,649 W1 price is located above Ichimoku cloud in the bullish area of the chart. The price broke 11,485 level to above on close weekly bar with 11,649 as a nearest bullish target to re-enter. Thus, the weekly price is...
The indices market is extremely slow these days and I'm not seeing many trading opportunities... The VIX is at 12.25 right now, what do you do when VIX is this low? Do you switch to other markets or do you just take a break? Also curious about Forex traders, are you seeing a similar problem
  Forecast and levels for CAC 40  (31   1 2 3 4)
CAC 40 January-March 2017 Forecast: bullish with key resistance at 4924.69 W1 price is located above Ichimoku cloud in the bullish area of the chart. The price broke 4860.85 resistance level to above on close weekly bar with 4924.69 as a nearest bullish target to re-enter. Thus, the weekly price is...
  HFT Stock Manipulation In Action  (125   1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13)
Trading has a few simple rules - do the opposite of Goldman's Thomas Stolper; don't fight the Fed; and buy low, sell high. However, as this series of charts from Nanex shows, it is the latter rule that is the easiest to comprehend and yet - thanks to massive and obvious HFT manipulation - is an...
I would like to build futures trading mql robot (mostly focus on oil but other commodities interesting also). Unfortunately it's problem to gain hist. futures data, what's necessary for backtesting. So, I wish to ask: perhaps somebody knows where to receive ticks expired futures
Hi, I have recently started learning MQL5 language and all the tutorials are only focused on Forex market. I have been trading Futures contracts(manually) with <Deleted>. So, my question is If i keep learning Mql5 language, will I be able to develop EA for Futures market(with <Deleted>)? Thank you
  Welcome to the new section!  (15   1 2)
Inspired by comments and reviews received from MQL5.community members, we have added a new forum section called "Trading stocks, futures, options and other exchange instruments". Share your ideas and trading experience with the website visitors. Reach out to MetaTrader 5 developers if you have...
  Forecast and levels for Nikkei  (44   1 2 3 4 5)
Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies Press review Sergey Golubev, 2016.12.24 17:18 Nikkei Q1 2017 Fundamental Forecast: Bullish (based on the article) Fundamental Analysis  "The Bank of Japan has been buying stocks for over two years now. And in September, the...
I want to demo Options board on MT5 but cant find ANY one who offers it? Where can i try the MT5 options board? Who is currently demo/ real trading with MT5 options platform? its ridiculous i cant find ANY information on how to actually do it/ who offers it. Its almost as if it doesnt exist/ noone
Hey guys, So, I have made a very simple EA, which does exceptionally well in backtesting (on some forex pairs. Not all, ofcourse - makes sense). In backtest, it makes approximately 1 trade per day - give or take. Although more forwardtesting needs to be done, it seems to do equally well when trading
Hi to all, my experts they all worked but since yesterday I can not drag any expert on the chart and I get the message that it is not possible to load the expert. Do you have any advice? thank you
#include <Trade\Trade.mqh> //Instatiate Trades Execution Library CTrade trade; // Trades Info and Executions library void OnTick () { double Ask = NormalizeDouble ( SymbolInfoDouble ( Symbol (), SYMBOL_ASK ), _Digits );
Hi everyone, I'm once again in the optimization rabbit hole and I figured you know what, why not post my own process on the forum and let everyone tear it apart lol, who know's maybe i can learn something from it! -Don't hold back i promise i can take it lol! (also i realize i can't describe all the
Hi. I have this issue with one EA I rented : MQL5 Market failed download product '....' [403]. This error is supposed to be a connexion problem. I tried to close and restart several times. There are 7 activations left and renting is active till 2024.07.27 . On the same MT5 terminal, I am able to
Hello, what happened to http://ec.forexprostools.com/ this link is not commercial neither advert I dont see why moderator should delete it. I am trying to access the rss news feed on the link above but I am getting " You don't have permission to access / on this server. " what is the new alternarive
Hi, Been struggle with StringFind for some hours now and Googled with no luck so... Problem is that the string variable I use (_EventSearch) for search in StringFind does not work? It works if the StringFind have an EXACT match (ex: "Nonfarm Payrolls") but not a subset ("Nonfarm") as described in
Can you tell me if this is a realistic tester figure? And is this a good or bad result for a year with a deposit of $3,000
Hi everyone. During coding of my 1st EA, I always found a solution for every issue that appeared and everything surprisingly works well, so far.... till yesterday. I intend to code another of the functions - specifically: Re-entering a trade, if that trade ends on BE or in loss, but only if the
void maxloss(){ int total = PositionsTotal (); int orderType = ( int ) PositionGetInteger ( POSITION_TYPE ) ; double equity = AccountInfoDouble ( ACCOUNT_EQUITY ); double Lossdifference = balance - equity; NormalizeDouble (Lossdifference, _Digits ); if (equity > equitymax){equitymax = equity;}
Please can someone tell me about these results? Why is the sharpe ratio so high
Am a python programmer i programmed a triangular arbitrage bots for cryptocurrency. Now a good deal drove me to forex trading i want to build a triangular arbitrage bot. i tried to understand how to do triangular arbitrage manually on MT5 before building the EA bot for it but i understand None. i
what do you think about this: I'm doing it for other days .... but think I've hit hard with this one... I'm now testing with other symbols and random days (its all from a random day). This result is for 1 h time frame for 1 day
Good Morning to all members, I have coded a Cross Moving Average EA. And I want to activate a trailing stop when trade is in profit the trailing stop must be set at a certain level after open price for buy or below open price for sell.the problem is that the trailing stop does not activate when the
Hello, I'm receiving errorcode 5804 where the parameters count is incorrect (expected 4 instead of 2) to the OnnxRun() function for my simple script. I'm not sure why this issue persists and what exactly I'm supposed to pass through apart from the x- and y-tensor. Help would be much appreciated
  Multi pair indicators  (571   1 2 3 4 5 ... 57 58)
Something I have been working some time ago. Multi pair MACD Multi pair CoeffOfLine
I'm just genuinely interested in your opinion. What is it which makes an indicator a freebie, and what is it which makes an indicator have a cost attached to it
  I need help  (2)
This is my first post here. Please forgive me for my weak language. This indicator gives you a signal for the next candle and appears at the end of the candle. I want help with it appearing and disappearing on the same candle it appears on and not after it is closed. Is it possible to help me with
In your opinion...most effective way to find the areas of noise and consolidation by means of technology? What comes to mind is the ATR, and basic volume analysis, but I'd like to know your opinion
I've got an indicator that's very similar to other indicators I've written, all of them running super-simple algorithms (90% of the code or more is just about getting the data in) that calculate the slope of another indicator's values between two bars, a simple Y2 - Y1 for a user-selectable period
How to use the Accelerator Oscillator in your trading? Accelerator Oscillator is a technical analysis indicator you can find on the MT4. This indicator can help you identify changes in the trend momentum. The most common use of the Accelerator is to view the zero line and it’s interaction with the
Wish all happy beginning of the week. I have following structure and want to use its information in the Indicator Buffer(s). To my understanding indicator buffers are allowed only of 'double' type. Is there any work around to what I want to achieve? struct SFxSession { CENUM_FxSESSION_ID
A few years ago, I found a very strange phenomenon in the process of writing MT5 indicators ->> Let me first talk about my code entry process: 1. The refresh of controls written by MT5 will flicker. When I started writing the trading assistant panel, I found that when I used the CANVAS sketchpad to
Hey guys, I have the following problem and it seem I am not the only one. I cannot change the colors of indicators. I can change text in a text field , but if I double click the color fields, nothing changes. No menu appears. It is with all indicators. What is the solution? Thanks
Hi Does anyone know of an order flow volume indicator for MT4 that shows the buyers and sellers within each bar like this one for Ninjatrader?
Hi all, For some strange reason, the buffer wd[i] returns INF indefinitely. Ive normalized the digits but its still giving an INF value. Can someone pinpoint the error in the code? Will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. int i = ( int ) MathMax (prev_calculated- 1 , 1 ); for (; i<rates_total; i++){
This was introduced in a recent update, didn't used to work like this. When I'm debugging, I'm focused on the problem at hand. Filling the screen with variables that are irrelevant to the problem just amounts to noise. I delete all the ones I don't want, but the very next F10 puts them all right
  Tick Indicator and EAs  (244   1 2 3 4 5 ... 24 25)
hi, a cool indicator Tick_on_Chart i all TimeFrames :cool: only Live Tick !!!
I would like to use the classes derived from CIndicator (CiMA, CiStochastic etc) but have had no success. The code below always shows DBL_MAX #include <Indicators/trend.mqh>CiMA extMA;int OnInit()&nbsp;&nbsp;{ extMA.Create(Symbol(),Period(),10,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE);...
Good Morning Please I would like to know what code to type for putting a MA on Stochastic indicator . I want a MA that will be in the second indicator windows with the stochastic indicator. And when the MA will crossover and close below the sell zone or the buy zone of the stochastic indicator it
Check out the new article: Modified Grid-Hedge EA in MQL5 (Part I): Making a Simple Hedge EA . We will be creating a simple hedge EA as a base for our more advanced Grid-Hedge EA, which will be a mixture of classic grid and classic hedge strategies. By the end of this article, you will know how to
Check out the new article: Learn how to trade the Fair Value Gap (FVG)/Imbalances step-by-step: A Smart Money concept approach . A step-by-step guide to creating and implementing an automated trading algorithm in MQL5 based on the Fair Value Gap (FVG) trading strategy. A detailed tutorial on
XWPR_Histogram_Vol_Direct: XWPR_Histogram_Vol indicator shows direction of the histogram bars movement using colored icons on these bars Author: Nikolay Kositsin
XWPR_Histogram_Vol: WPR_Histogram_Vol indicator with additional averaging of the resulting histogram Author: Nikolay Kositsin
Check out the new article: Trailing stop in trading . In this article, we will look at the use of a trailing stop in trading. We will assess how useful and effective it is, and how it can be used. The efficiency of a trailing stop largely depends on price volatility and the selection of the stop
Check out the new article: Modified Grid-Hedge EA in MQL5 (Part IV): Optimizing Simple Grid Strategy (I) . In this fourth part, we revisit the Simple Hedge and Simple Grid Expert Advisors (EAs) developed earlier. Our focus shifts to refining the Simple Grid EA through mathematical analysis and a
Check out the new article: Neural networks made easy (Part 70): Closed-Form Policy Improvement Operators (CFPI) . In this article, we will get acquainted with an algorithm that uses closed-form policy improvement operators to optimize Agent actions in offline mode. The approach to optimizing the
Check out the new article: Causal inference in time series classification problems . In this article, we will look at the theory of causal inference using machine learning, as well as the custom approach implementation in Python. Causal inference and causal thinking have their roots in philosophy
Check out the new article: Introduction to MQL5 (Part 6): A Beginner's Guide to Array Functions in MQL5 . Embark on the next phase of our MQL5 journey. In this insightful and beginner-friendly article, we'll look into the remaining array functions, demystifying complex concepts to empower you to
Check out the new article: Python, ONNX and MetaTrader 5: Creating a RandomForest model with RobustScaler and PolynomialFeatures data preprocessing . In this article, we will create a random forest model in Python, train the model, and save it as an ONNX pipeline with data preprocessing. After that
Delete all objects on chart (main window and sub window) with drag and drop : It will delete all objects on the chart when the script is dragged onto the chart Author: Conor Mcnamara
Linear Regression Channel: Linear Regression Channel EA draws "Linear Regression Channel" on chart and trades with its trend,has Trailing Stop Loss &Take Profit works best on all time frames major forex pairs and stocks NASDAQ. Author: Aharon Tzadik
New article Data Science and Machine Learning (Part 11): Naïve Bayes, Probability theory in Trading has been published: Trading with probability is like walking on a tightrope - it requires precision, balance, and a keen understanding of risk. In the world of trading, the probability is everything
Grid EA Pro : A professional Grid advisor works according to RSI ( Relative Strength Index ) indicators. And has the function of Reducing the Drawdown on the account by overlapping unprofitable orders. The chart displays information about the profit. It can be a very useful tool, For manual trading
Check out the new article: Neural networks made easy (Part 48): Methods for reducing overestimation of Q-function values . In the previous article, we introduced the DDPG method, which allows training models in a continuous action space. However, like other Q-learning methods, DDPG is prone to
The MetaTrader 4 update will be released on Friday, May 24, 2024. This version provides important security improvements, error fixes, and platform stability enhancements. The update will be available through the Live Update system
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| DrawUtil.mqh | //| Copyright 2024, Ting | //| https://www.mql5.com |
Why don't take profit and stop loss orders work on MT4
Hi Guys I am trader with no coding experience. In the spirit GenAI I was attempting to automate a strategy I am working on into an EA using GPT. However whenever I compile it I run into trouble with the code due SL and TP variable declarations or something along those line. I am a novice trying to
After posting a message to service desk, asking for zoom in shortcut as in MT5 (which knows about "-" and "=" keys on first row on keyboard) they told me I need to use Shift + "=" to zoom in. huh? thats very intuitive, thanks but no thanks.  I searched for a solution, and the most flexible was...
  Usefull links/threads/tools  (57   1 2 3 4 5 6)
The thread about threads: what's going around the forum everywhere ============ MT5, mql5, mql5.com suggestions for improvement thread ============ Requests & Ideas The beginning Requests & Ideas, the beginning - the thread Suggestions for Trading System thread After Requests & Ideas (MQL5
Hi coders, I'm trying to learn 2D Array to store the OrderOpenPrice() for each symbol. Existingly, I have 3 symbols that with open orders :- 1) AUDNZD : 10 BUY open orders 2) EURUSD : 8 SELL open orders 3) XAUUSD : 12 BUY open orders and 3 SELL open orders The following are my codes :- string
Hi all, I have been struggling in figuring out how to calculate unrealized net/gross profits for my current account. In other trading platforms there is a property of UnrealizedGrossProfit and UnrealizedNetProfit on the Account object itself. If this does not exist, can you do something like loop
I’ve opened and closed traders that I have seen drawdown 5% or so. Why is this not showing when I download the detailed statement of the account
Right, I have the following: void CalculateRSquared( int Periods, int SMAMODE){ if (Periods > 10 ){ Periods = 10 ; } //--- //// Declare dynamic arrays. double time[]; double price[]; double time_pow[]; //--- //--- //// Resize arrays to the specified number of period
Hi coders, hope you can help a non-programmer myself ... I have 2 strategies written in 2 EAs. Currently, I load the 2 EAs into 2 different charts but with different coded conditions (same magic), in other words, at any point of time, only one EA is trading and the other EA is in dormant state (both
Hello friends, I am trying to run function at the time I need, but function ignoring the given time. bool IsBelowMA() { double Time_S = Hour() + Minute() / 100.0 ; // Ensure the function executes only after Time_Start if (Time_S >= Time_Start) { for ( int i = 0 ; i <
Hi guys im doing this EA but using date, time and timezone confuses me. Can you help me make a function that will return true if its New York Session or return true if its the first 3hours of New York Session? Thank you so much :)
Hello All. I want to hide the color and Viisulization TAB in the custom Indicator as its not being used. it it possible to do in MT4? Thanks